Wednesday 18 April 2007

The problem with Musclehead's attitude concerning my articles involving children

"Musclehead" is not the real name or the real nick, but he's an administrator of one of the message boards I visit. He is the only person whom I've met that is very sensitive towards articles I post that involve children. Why he is so sensitive, I don't know? He thinks that if a person is not a parent,that such a person should not post anything that has anything to do with children. I'm sure that many people will disagree with that. After all, I'm not a pet owner either, but that doesn't mean that I should be forbidden to post articles involving pets.

One reason is because there is nothing inherently wrong with a non-parent posting an article involving children. It doesn't break any rules. Also, not every issue involving children is purely a parental issue. For example, when Canada was looking into lowering the voting age to 16 (which didn't come to pass), that is a political issue, not just a parental issue. Same goes with the spanking bill. While parents may have different opinions on that issue, it becomes a political issue when an anti-spanking bill is being debated in congress.

Another thing to consider is that I am a pro-life and pro-family activist. That kind of position is naturally going to involve child matters.

When I post articles, I look for articles that are interesting and ones I think the rest of the posters might find interesting. Some will involve children and others do not. In any case, I think that Musclehead is out of line if he is expecting me not to post any articles involving children. I also notice that he doesn't say anything when another non-parent does the same thing. I think he's only doing this to bug me in particular. The best thing for him to do is to pay more attention to the subject matter and less attention on the person who posted it.

No comments: